As a marketer, you’re constantly exposed to new solutions, trends, and ideas within the digital marketing sphere. But do you know which trends actually affect your workday? I have made a list of six digital advertising trends that you as a marketer should keep a close eye on.
1) Programmatic buying (data-driven marketing) has been around for a while. For marketers and content creators, programmatic advertising makes it possible to produce “smart” content and reach smaller and more differentiated target groups. Relevancy is now more important than ever.
2) Dynamic and automated content production is about utilizing creative management systems to create targeted, and tailor-made content, and distribute it in a large volume. To succeed with this, marketers, advisors and the creative resources within the company have to know the possibilities within the system as well as the technical solutions.
Read also: WHY YOU SHOULD ORGANIZE YOUR MARKETING TEAM LIKE AN EDITORIAL STAFF
The traditional digital marketing campaign is now dead, and the new approach is dynamic, ongoing optimization of creatives and content.
3) Personalization is key! Today's customers expect advertisers to deliver relevant and personalized content. People generally respond to ads that serve their own interest and ignore the rest, so make sure your ads show them something that they want and need, not something that they purchased three days ago. This is pretty basic, but often forgotten: relevant content tailored to a pinpointed target group delivers the best results.
4) Omnichannel attribution makes it possible for brands to learn about the role different media channels play during the customer journey. It gives insight into how your content is performing so that you can adjust and optimize your campaigns according to your marketing goals and budget. Instead of just measuring clicks, you will be able to track and analyze your content performance in detail.
Read also: 4 TIPS ON HOW YOU CAN INCREASE THE CONVERSION RATE
5) High-quality content and inventory It’s important to focus your efforts and perform tests on segments of your target groups. The ecosystem of advertising allows you to efficiently test, learn, and optimize your content. Small-scale data can help you make bigger decisions.
Your creative team should be involved in the process of learning and adjusting. Great creative concepts are still essential to the brand’s success but combined with cutting-edge technology, it will bring even more business value.
6) AI in analytics and content production AI (artificial intelligence) is here to stay and will affect the way we do marketing. With AI systems we now have the opportunity to collect data, run analyses of the data sets and export it. This will become the key asset for all marketing departments.
Want to learn more about the future in digital advertising? Download our e-book on dynamic creatives.